Are you looking for the finest gaming server hosting provider? Look no further. We understand how difficult it may be to choose the most appropriate hosting company, especially considering the large number of gaming hosting services available. We’ll be here to assist you with our comprehensive information and comparison.
How to choose the most appropriate gaming server hosting service for your needs
The same basic rules that apply to most hosting companies apply here as well. However, this is the essence of it:
- Check with them to see whether they will support the game you want to host. You may either visit their website or get in touch with them. Each hosting provider defines “support” differently, and each has a distinct definition of what “support” truly entails. Many times, they provide ready-made 1-click installation solutions for your gaming servers, in addition to providing 24-hour technical assistance.
- Check that the game server type can accommodate the amount of people that will be participating. If you only intend to use the server with a couple of your friends, you can choose a server with fewer resources; however, if you intend to host a multiplayer server with dozens of players, you should opt for a virtual private server (VPS) with more resources or a dedicated server (which is more expensive). In order to find out what a server needs for a certain amount of players, see the game’s official requirements, or speak with the hosting company directly. Each game has its own set of server needs, hence there is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” solution for gaming servers.
- Look into whether or not they provide DDoS protection. Unfortunately, gaming servers are a popular target for distributed denial of service (DDoS) assaults. In the event that a hosting company provides DDoS protection, you should choose them. However, if you adequately secure your server, you may find that you do not need DDoS protection.
- Check out their customer reviews and uptime. Look for the service provider on Twitter and see what type of feedback they are receiving. However, if you discover a lot of reviews stating that they encountered downtime (which is usual for lousy gaming server hosting companies) – you may want to steer clear of that particular service provider.
- Choose a paid server hosting provider rather than a free one. This is a situation where an accident is simply waiting to happen. We won’t go into specifics, but in general, with free gaming server hosting services, you should not anticipate any kind of assistance, any kind of uptime, or even very fast servers.
- Select a server location that is the most convenient for the gamers. If the majority of the players are from the United States, choose a server location inside the country, ideally inside the same state.
- Website hosting should be excluded from your list of criteria. Some gaming server hosting companies also provide website hosting, although this isn’t something you’ll require in most cases. Instead of using a gaming hosting provider, it is preferable to use a “regular” web hosting service and host your website/community there. Because they concentrate on one thing – hosting websites – the “traditional” web hosting services are typically a much better choice. They feature specialized control panels, knowledgeable tech support representatives, and are often less expensive.
- SSDs and the most up-to-date technology are required. In 2021, don’t even think of purchasing a hard disk drive server.
- …and much more! It is always dependent on the kind of criteria the game has and what you truly needed in order to play. As previously said, general rules apply here as well, but at the end of the day, everything is dependent on your specific requirements.
Choose between specialist gaming server hosting providers and standard web server hosting providers.
This is a problem that many gamers face on a regular basis. It all comes down to what you want to use the server for, how simple it is to set up, and how much knowledge you have with computers. Here are a few examples of scenarios and application situations:
- If you have previous expertise with servers, you may purchase an unmanaged server and set it up on your own time. It is much less expensive. You may learn how to set up a Minecraft server by following online guides.
- If you don’t have much expertise with servers but know how to install, setup, and administer a gaming server, a managed virtual private server (VPS) is a good option. With a managed VPS, the hosting company will take care of the server management for you, but you will most likely be responsible for managing the gaming server on your own. This means that you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining the hosted game. However, you may still call them and ask them if they would assist you with this; in certain circumstances, they may be able to assist you.
- If you have no prior expertise, you might consider using a specialist game hosting company. In this particular instance, the hosting company makes the task of hosting a game relatively simple and straightforward. They include 1-click installs, gaming server control panels, pre-configured servers, a variety of server mod choices, 24/7 support, and a variety of other features. We’ll look at a few of these types of hosting companies in more detail below.
Comparison of the Best Game Server Hosting Providers
We only selected the very finest. There are no EIG hosts, and there are no hosts with a lot of bad feedback. If you select any of them, you will not be disappointed. You may compare them based on their features, cost, and other factors. The cost will vary depending on the game you play and which server type you choose. We utilized their 2GB RAM Minecraft server plans for the sake of our price table in this article. Coupons and extended billing cycles are also options for getting an extra discount on your purchase. You may also choose a less expensive plan with less RAM. Some hosting companies (such as Host Havoc) employ Xeon E5 processors and SSDs/NVMe storage, which causes them to be somewhat more costly than the competition. For further information, visit the websites of each hosting provider. The items in the list are not arranged in any particular sequence. It’s completely random. You may even make changes to the order yourself. If you have any recommendations, please put them in the comments section below. To be more specific, here’s a look at the real game server hosting comparison:
|HOSTING PROVIDER||2GB RAM Minecraft Server Pricing||24/7 Support||Instant Setup||Game Control Panels||SPECS|
|Apex Hosting||$7.49||YES||YES||YES||Server Locations: US, EU, CA, AU, AS Supported Games: Minecraft Voice Servers: NO Promo/Coupon 25% one-time discount - coupon available on their site|
|Zap Hosting||$3.15||YES||YES||YES||Server Locations: US, EU, CA, AU, AS Supported Games: Minecraft, GTA 5, ARK... Voice Servers: Yes Promo/Coupon 20% lifetime discount|
|Stream Line||$9||YES||YES||YES||Server Locations: US, UK, EU, AU, CA, AS Supported Games: Minecraft, ARK, CS:GO, Arma 3... Voice Servers: Yes Promo/Coupon 15% lifetime discount|
We’ll continue to add additional hosting companies as we come across them, so please check back here often for updates.
Final thoughts on the hosting of video game servers
We hope that this article has made the process of selecting the best gaming server host a little bit simpler. We’ve covered the majority of what you need to know in this post, but if you still have questions, you may look things up on the internet or contact your hosting provider. If you have any concerns or need assistance in selecting a host, please do not hesitate to contact us or just leave a comment below. Make certain you do thorough study before selecting a web hosting service!